Tuesday, November 29

Car Wash

Ever been to a carwash? Normally, my friends would either wash their car, themselves or send it to the automatic carwash thingys. These thingys are like a tunnel and your car gets moved from one end to the other while being "showered", soaped, scrubbed, "showered" again and "blow dried". Of course there is the occasionally, polishing at a certain rate.

About a week ago, I was given the chance to attend a "carwash ceremony" with my mum. After a whole morning of shopping, she decided that her car needed a good cleaning. I, on the other hand, thought that she was gonna park her car at the carwash thingy machines but NO... she decided to drive to Seapark and turn into this parking lot. There, stood 4 Indian boys, barely the age of 20, washing cars. 2 boys were in charge of washing the car and the other 2 were to vaccum and polish. An average price for a car would be around RM8 (minus polishing).

What shocked me the most was that they have arranged soda and chairs for car owners to sit, while waiting for their car to be done.While I was there, there were 2 other men waiting. 1 was playing with his PDA and the other was reading a newspaper. It was actually quite comfortable. Another shocker came was when I realised that some of the car owners actually leaves their car keys to the boys as they don't want to wait and go have their snack or something. The best part came when one has to drive from washing area to polishing area. As I said, these boys were barely even 20 years old (maybe even younger, I'm speculating here) and I bet that they have no driver's license. Yet, they drove those cars (whose owners gavwere not around), whether the car was big or small, automatic or manual, they still managed to drive it.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Car being scrubbed down, while I was sitting at the sofa, snapping piccies

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
After being scrubbed, a good shower from one of those high-powered sprays

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Car had to be driven to another spot to be vaccumed and polished

The whole process took approximately 10mins a car.

1 Comments:

Blogger Pinkity said...

I'm just glad that they are doing something and not bumming around. Peace!

2:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Image hosted by Photobucket.com